Qualitative Methods in Psychology
The Qualitative Methods in Psychology (QMiP) is a network for those interested in the utility, diversity, inquisitiveness, rigour and innovation of qualitative approaches that are intergral to psychological science and its impact on theory, research and practice. We are the largest Section of the British Psychological Society.
The Section aims to:
- To raise the profile of qualitative methods in psychology research and teaching.
Lead, develop and champion qualitive methods in psychology.
- Act as a network of qualified psychologists, extending collaboration possibilities, sharing expertise and offering training opportunities to members.
- Networking with like-minded individuals and keep in touch with the latest changes in qualitative psychology
- Free access to the bi-annual QMIP Bulletin; a publication with a range peer-reviewed articles, book/event reviews and opinion pieces.
- Discounts on section events, including the QMiP Conference.
- The opportunity to vote or apply for section awards and prizes.
- The right to vote or become a QMiP Section committee member or a BPS representative.
How to join
If you are already a member of the BPS and would like to join the Section, the form is available for downloading
Section Membership Form
. The annual subscription is £10 for those in employment and £5 for students / unemployed. Alternatively email BPS subscriptions
Not a member of the BPS? Anyone with an interest in psychology can become an e-subscriber of the BPS for as little as £10 which will then make you eilligible to join the Section. We welcome those with an interest in qualitative research to join the Section whatever your discipline.
Keep upto date
To keep in touch day-to-day you can subscribe to our email list
where you can share information which may be of interest to other qualitative psychologists. We also have a Facebook
and you can follow us on Twitter via @qmip